- Place whole garlic heads on a tray. Drizzle with a little oil. Roast in combi oven at 160 degree Celsius for 45 minutes until very soft. Allow to cool then remove cloves from skins.
- Blend garlic together with half the oil and KNORR Intense Flavours Roast Umami until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut squid hoods into 4cm pieces and score finely.
- Heat remaining oil on a hot plate or in a large pan over high heat. Cook squid in batches until just done.
- Return all squid to high heat, toss with black pepper and KNORR Italian Glaze with Balsamic and sauté for another minute until squid is fully coated.
- Take a large spoonful of garlic puree and run across centre of plate.
- Serve squid on garlic puree with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and an extra drop of KNORR Italian Glaze with Balsamic. Accompany with seared radicchio and scatter with micro herbs.
- If fresh black garlic is hard to find, black garlic paste can be found at most gourmet delis. Otherwise substitute with cloves of regular oven roasted garlic.