Posted on Monday, 27th April, 2020
Your food delivery menu shouldn’t simply be a digital version of your restaurant’s dine-in or takeaway menu. When it comes to winning the food delivery game, every detail—and menu item—counts.
Here are a few quick tips:
- Draft a menu that delivers well—and fast!
- Choose appetising photos to entice customers.
- Use quality, leakproof, and branded packaging, e.g. Castaway Food Packaging
- Offer promotions on certain items with your delivery partners.
- Deliver promptly and on time.
If your current menu isn’t suited for delivery or takeaway, it may be best to create a “take home pack” with clear instructions on how to heat and serve, such as this one by Victor Liong from Lee Ho Fook.
In another take, Mark Jensen from Red Lantern has created a “take home box” for his Surry Hills restaurant.
Popular North Sydney café Marlies is delivering their meal packs along with craft beers direct to the doorsteps of Northern beaches and via Deliveroo.
We did a quick round up of brekkie ideas that work well in delivery.
- Be sure nothing is overcooked!
- It’s important to use high-quality ingredients that will hold up during delivery, especially sauces and condiments. Our very own Knorr Garde d’Or Hollandaise is perfect for breakfast dishes and beyond, as it will not split and holds well.
- Offer healthy brekkie alternatives to broaden your appeal.
- Below you'll find some diverse breakfast recipe ideas ranging from fresh vitality style bowls to twists on classics like the bacon & egg roll.
Comfort food is another incredibly important item to have on your delivery and takeaway menus. During these challenging times, people would want to indulge every now and then. Burgers generally don’t travel that well, so you need to make sure the burgers are assembled properly and the buns don’t go soggy.
A good quality mayonnaise like Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise with its high oil content will help your burgers stay fresher for longer. Check out these great burger ideas to try out.
Make them fresh daily and toast to order, where applicable. Sandwiches, wraps and rolls can get soggy easily, so be sure to use high-quality ingredients starting with a good quality mayonnaise like Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise.
Though the weather is turning cooler, a good ol’ salad is always popular and you might want to have a few options in your delivery or takeaway menu. Instead of dressing the salads, place the dressing in a separate container. This will give customers the best salad experience, as the ingredients will remain fresh, crisp and vibrant. Colder months call for a heavier salad, so think of potato, lentil or grain-based salads.