The waste audit has been developed with the Sustainable Restaurant Association UK as a clear and simple method of measuring food waste. It will give you visibility of the waste you are producing in each area.
View how much you can save with these easy steps:
Conduct your waste audit
- Conduct and track waste for 3 days
- Tally the results
- Weight prep, spoilage and ‘avoidable’ plate waste after each service
- Manually – use the Food Waste Data tracking sheet
Implement waste reduction actions
- Download and read our ‘Top Waste Saving Tips’ document
- Look at your kitchen processes and implement the actions that will have the most effect in your kitchen
See how much you’ve saved: Conduct a second 1-2 months after you have implemented actions.