Serving your staff meals before service is a good way to bond with the team, give them a boost before a busy day/night, and can be a good time to experiment with ideas for the menu.
Here are two dishes that are tasty and quick, and give your staff a boost before the chaos of service.
Grilled White Fish Fillets with Saute Potato and Lemon Mayonnaise
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 140 g Potatoes, robertson
- 20 ml Oil, olive, extra virgin
- 180 g Fish, white fillet
- 2 g KNORR Aromat
- 5 g Lemon, zest
- 30 g HELLMANN'S Real Mayonnaise
- 1 pc Lemon, cheeks
- Peel and slice the potato, blanch in boiling water for 10 minutes and remove, allow to cool.
- Toss the cooked sliced potato in 1/2 the oil and saute in a hot pan until golden brown.
- Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in a ribbed pan and cook the KNORR Aromat seasoned fish fillets until golden on both sides and just cooked through.
- Grate the rind off the lemons and add to the HELLMANN'S Real Mayonnaise.
- Serve the grilled fish with the potatoes and lemon mayonnaise.
- Garnish with fresh lemon cheeks.
Serving suggestion: serve with a green salad or steamed green beans
Bubble and Squeak
Ingredients (10 servings)
- 0.85 L Water
- 190 g KNORR Instant Mashed Potato Mix
- 0.5 kg Cabbage, green, shredded
- 10 g KNORR Vegetable Booster
- 50 g Butter
- 200 g Onion, chopped
- 20 g COLMAN'S Original English Mustard
- 50 g Oil, vegetable
- 100 g Pesto, basil
- 50 ml Oil, olive
- 0.4 kg Rocket
- 10x Eggs, poached
- Place water in a large pot and bring to the boil, remove from heat and whisk in the KNORR Instant Mashed Potato Mix until well combined. Set aside to cool. Cook cabbage for 2 minutes or until just tender, drain and sprinkle with KNORR Vegetable Booster.
- Melt butter in frying pan and cook onion, until softened; stir in COLMAN'S Original English Mustard. Add onion mixture and cabbage to potato. Stir to combine. Shape into 10 even sized patties. Heat a frying pan over low heat, add vegetable oil and cook patties for 12 to 15 minutes or until base is crisp.
- To make the pesto oil, combine pesto and olive oil together.
- Serve the potato patty with rocket and a poached egg then drizzle with pesto oil.
TIP: The COLMAN'S Original English Mustard gives punch to a classic dish